Complications & Risks
COMPLICATIONS AND RISKS
Any operation may lead to complications and these include the following:
- excessive bleeding and injury to nearby areas (tissue)
- allergic reaction to drugs or anaesthetic
- a recurrence of the problem.
- testicular atrophy
- wound pain
The likelihood of complications increases in:
- people over 60 years
- people who are overweight, smokers or heavy drinkers
- people who take certain medicinal or mind-altering drugs.
Your doctor will help you decide between the advantages and risks.